Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Busy, Busy Week

It has been a busy week at our house. On Saturday, Brandon had to work, so Liza and I went to the Clay Co. Fair in Spencer, IA to watch Grandpa Scott and Uncle Caleb show horses in the last show of the season. We rode down to Iowa with Mom and Dan so I didn't have to make the trek alone. It was about 45 degrees and pouring rain all day so Liza rode around in the stroller under lots of layers of blankets! She was so good though!
On Monday Liza and I met Grandma Ann and Brandon's aunts Chris and Patti for lunch at Applebees. It was good to get out of the house for a while!  
Yesterday Melissa, the Public Health Nurse came to weigh Liza. She now weighs 9 lbs. 15 oz! She's gaining an ounce per day which I'm told is super! She's starting to get a couple of chins and cute jelly roles on her arms and legs!
Today I had my 6 week check up and the clinic (Yes, my baby is already 6 weeks old - time flies too fast!). After that we ran lots and lots of errands. Liza was so good. She sat in her car seat and smiled all day. She was awake from 9:30-1:30, which is the longest stretch she's ever been awake during the day, and now she's snoozing away the rest of the afternoon. 
On Sunday my grandparents are having a potluck picnic at  their house which I am really looking forward to. I still have to figure out what to make to bring - any suggestions?! 
I finally got study materials for my LGSW exam.  Back to hitting the books!


In the meantime...enjoy these pics of my beautiful little girl!

Lots and Lots of Smiles!







1 comment:

  1. The cow girl bib it too cute. I love reading your blog updates. You can tell how in love you are with Liza.

    ReplyDelete